- Albert Park
- East St Kilda
- Port Melbourne
- Forest Hill
Apart from a short stint in Sydney for work 20 years ago, I have always lived in Melbourne. Every suburb has a story, but, for here, some highlights:
- Prettiest: Albert Park. Every morning I delighted in the changing colours and mood of Port Philip Bay as I walked to the No. 1 tram.
- Worst: Albert Park. Share house from hell.
- Lived alone in: East St Kilda, Elsternwick, Port Melbourne, Thornbury…13 years all together. See No. 2!
- Grew up in: Glenroy, Northcote before that.
- Best: Prahran. I loved Prahran. I was unemployed for 3 years, but I had some of the best times there. I walked everywhere: the Prahran market (where I bought and cooked beautiful fresh food every day), the Astor Cinema, Chapel Street, St Kilda beach. I miss the inner city terribly now.
Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes has started a new creative challenge: 52 Lists
I love lists, so how could I resist?
By the way, you should definitely pop over to Pip’s lovely, creative website and read some more of her cool stuff.